Friday, April 25, 2014

Springtime

"There's no place more wonderful than a farm in springtime. Buds swell into blossoms. Eggs hatch. Young are born. "
-E.B. White, Charlotte's Web

Though I'm not necessarily fond of the town, I love the property we have been staying on these two weeks.  I love waking up to the sound of the rooster crowing, and going to bed with the lingering scent of orange blossoms.  I love that my children have acres to run, dogs to chase, and frogs to catch.  I love that my hubby is right in his element, doing farm work and working up "a good sweat".  I am also finding my niche here,  helping at the house with various projects.

The kids have not asked to play the Wii since we got here. HalleluYah ;)

Highlights this week:  We visited the Farmer's Market in Visalia yesterday. Loved seeing the Safe Haven farm's veggies out on display.  When I was 5, I spent a summer at my grandparent's property in Visalia.

It is one of my favorite childhood memories. I remember picking walnuts from their tree, running through their sprinklers, wading knee deep in mud, eating Visalia oranges, wearing my grandmother's pretty apron, admiring all of her "trinkets", helping with chores.  A friend told me that a child's aesthetic sensibilites are formed at a young age by their surroundings. I think that must be true. Josh has always teased me about my taste in "old lady things".  Anyway, all of that came flooding back to me yesterday when we went to the Market. :)


Josh's highlight this week:  helping Bryan plant a vineyard. They will be transplanting  about 200 "Old Vine Zinfandel" vines.  He is very excited about it.

Will post pics of it soon.  It is raining here today, so I have not ventured out yet.

Have a restful Sabbath with your families.
((Hugs from the Bradys))


4 comments:

  1. My dear grandma lives in Visalia along with my aunt and uncle. Sweet to know you are nearby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's right! Planning a trip to see them anytime soon? ;)
      <3

      Delete
  2. Your blog is so sweet :) I look forward to keeping up with your travels and eventually, maybe, living in the same state :) I will keep you in my prayers!
    Shalom Shalom,Moira

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you friend! I am enjoying your blogs too. Inspiring. :)
      We really appreciate the prayers. I hope we get to meet soon...ish!

      Delete